Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour's yerterday's news, but the spirit lives on

Ok, Bee Lee here. I know, I know, I've been inactive in this blog. I apologise for that. It's just that I've been super busy lately. One lesson: don't join too many extra curricular activities. Well, anyway, I hope you guys turned off your lights (and probably more electrical stuff as well) during Earth Hour!

Hmm... I'm thinking, maybe we should have an activity during scouts meeting to appreciate mother nature? What do ya think? I'm not sure what to do though.

Hey hey, here are some quotes from the Father of Scouting, Lord Baden Powell!! :

"The aim in Nature study is to develop a realisation of God the Creator, and to infuse a sense of the beauty of Nature."

"Nature study is the key activity in Scouting and Guiding."

"The man who is blind to the beauties of Nature has missed half the pleasure of life."

See see, even Lord Baden Powell loves nature too, so why shouldn't we? Yea, so let's give Mother Nature a big hug by helping her regain her beauty that was trashed by human beings for a long time already.

Well, anyway, here's Bee Lee, signing off!

No comments: